Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Chalkware, chalkware on the wall...

Yes, I have the occasional weakness for vintage chalkware wall plaques. And I'm still searching for those perfect oriental chalkware figures for my future mid century styled shadow boxes...
 
These two owls I've had a while now in the lobby. I really love the dark coffee brown color (against the latte colored wall) with the gold accents... they work perfectly together. Maybe I'll find a third one to keep them company someday? 
 

Here's what I got today, sunflowers! Yay!


I'm not sure where to hang these yet. These belonged to my godmother (Thank you!!!) and I know they predate 1980's, but I'm not sure whether these are from 70's or 60's. (My best bet is 1970's.) All really I know is that I've loved these ever since I first saw these when I was little.

Here comes the sun(flower)... And I say it's all right...

No comments:

Post a Comment