Thursday, July 7, 2011

And all hat jazz!

I love hats. They play well with me. But even if I might have vintage sized (that is small enough to find plenty of vintage shoes) feet, my head is huge... compared to most of the (ladies) vintage hats. So imagine my suprise when I stumbled into a pile of hats in my size on my charity shop round. One even had this really cute hat pin on it!


I'm guessing the first black one could be 40's or 50's, the second 50's or 60's and the brown 70's or 80's. (Not that the age actually matters more than the style.) All are a bit battered, but that's an easy thing to fix. Just hold the hat (or the part you want to fix) over hot steam for a while and gently mold it back to shape. Repeat the procedure if necessary.


People should wear more hats. Really. A hat can make an outfit set off from a crowd and the right hat can make you feel instantly more "dressed" and refined.

Summary in finnish: Hatut ovat ihania! Isoon (58) päähän vain löytää kirppareilta todella harvoin yhtään mitään, ainakaan naisille tarkoitettua. Hiljattain kuitenkin kävi tuuri ja Nokian Fidasta löytyi useampi oikean kokoinen... joista yhtä jopa koristi ihanainen hattuneula! Ikäveikkaukset liikkuvat 40-luvulta 80-luvulle, mutta tärkeintä tietysti ei ole ikä van näkö. Kaikki hatut ovat hiukan kärsineet aikojen saatossa, mutta se on liiankin helppo asia korjata. Pieni hetki vesihöyryssä ja sen jälkeen käsin hellästi muokataan hatut takaisin kuosiinsa. Ihmisten todella pitäisi käyttää enemmän hattuja, myös minun... 

No comments:

Post a Comment